The Purpose of the volunteer members of Fannin Literacy Council’s (FLC) Board of Directors is to:
- provide oversight and guidance and approve the operation of the FLC.
- increase awareness of adult literacy and educational services.
- assist in identifying, securing, and approving suitable educational sites.
- oversee the income and expenditure of funds.
- coordinate teachers and volunteers of the FLC.
- secure funding to support the FLC’s educational endeavors through the Helping Our People Excel (HOPE) literacy program.
- serve as a liaison between FLC programs, community members, and Grayson College’s Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) programs and staff.
Current Board Officers:
- DEBRA ROBERTS, President, Representing Fannin County Adult Probation
- LOU ANN TAYLOR, Vice-President, Representing Texoma Council of Governments, Public Housing
- PATTIE MAYFIELD, Secretary, Representing Bertha Voyer Memorial Library
- JODI HUNT, Treasurer, Representing Fannin County
Current Board Members:
- BARBARA GORE, Representing Fannin County
- JOHN HAYDEN, Representing Bonham Public Library
- DEAN LACKEY, Representing Fannin County Commissioner, Precinct 4
- JOYCE MCGEHEE, Representing Fannin County
- ALLISON REIDER, Representing Texoma Council of Governments, Public Housing
- JORDAN THOMPSON, Representing Bonham ISD
- MARY-K ASHLEY WILSON, Representing Kiwanians Club of Bonham